All translations from the french have been done by Hudson Rolfe.
contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Geneva Ongoing
M.A. in Translation Studies (French to English)
University of Warwick, England June 2014
B.A. in French Studies with Italian
The Royal Grammar School High Wycombe, England June 2009
A Levels in French (Grade A), German (Grade B) and Physical Education (Grade A)
? Native English
? Fluent French, excellent writing skills
? Proficient Italian, good writing skills
? Conversational German
Hudson is a British citizen currently doing a Master’s degree in translation from French to English at the University of Geneva. He is looking for work as a freelance translator in order to gain valuable experience in the field.
Private English tutor
September 2014 – present
- I give private, one on one English lessons to three students of different levels.
- I have created my own syllabus and I make my own lesson plans.
- The last pupil that I have found heard about me by word of mouth thanks to my growing reputation as a private English tutor in Geneva.
Private Italian tutor Janvier – Juin 2013
Tutorat de Fort-de-France, Martinique
- For six months I gave one on one lessons to a 14 year old, two hours per week. I taught Italian, carrying out the lessons in French.
- I learned to formulate and execute lesson plans in accordance with the syllabus and targets set. I created a relaxed and informal environment in order to set my pupil at ease and form an amical relationship with her.
Teaching Assistant December 2007
École élementaire du Bois de la Barthe, Pibrac, Toulouse, France
- I worked as an English Assistant in a French école, teaching children aged 6 to 11, as part of a voluntary school exchange. I lived and interacted convivially with a French family of four.
- I improved my linguistic skills and gained a better understanding of the French culture.
- Aiding in the teaching of a class expanded my abilities to establish and execute plans, and to manage and sustain order in a group of young pupils.